100 things to do before you die
Whether you were inspired by the YES man, felt like changing your life or have been touched by a travelling experience, we all have a set of goals and things we would love to achieve before we die. The most common experience on people’s list is to swim with dolphins, while a surprisingly large amount of people would love to swim with sharks (also on my list). Have a read through my list and see how many you have ticket off yourself, I’m on 48 so far. Even better, write your own list and send it through to me!
Below is my personal list of 100 things to do before you die…how many have you completed
- Tubing in Asia.
- Go zorbing.
- Scuba dive.
- Shoot a gun.
- See the Great Barrier Reef.
- Go zipwiring.
- Fly a helicopter/plane.
- Build a website.
- Drive a supercar.
- Throw tomatoes at La Tomatina.
- Go white water rafting.
- Ride a horse.
- Spend a night in an igloo village.
- See the Northern Lights.
- Go husky sledding.
- Learn to sail.
- Roadtrip across route 66.
- Learn to speak another language fluently.
- Attend a major sporting event.
- Climb a mountain.
- Drive along the Great Ocean Road in Australia.
- Drink too much at Oktoberfest.
- Drive on the autobahn.
- visit Halong Bay.
- Go on a safari.
- See a legendary musician.
- Walk on the Great wall of China.
- Ride an elephant.
- Swim alongside a sea turtle.
- Laugh the whole day at Edinburgh festival.
- Become the boss.
- Eat fondue.
- See the Giants causeway.
- Drink a Guinness in Dublin.
- Trek Machu Picchu.
- Ride a motorbike.
- Drive a quad bike.
- Jet ski.
- Learn to surf.
- Kayak a river/lake.
- Take a hot air balloon.
- Go karting.
- Shower under a waterfall.
- Stay on a remote island.
- See the Iguaza falls.
- Dance at Rio during Carnival.
- Spend New Years drinking Pina Colada’s abroad.
- Learn to play a musical instrument.
- Sleep under the stars.
- Spend Christmas in New York.
- Go Skiing.
- Make a video go viral.
- Act on a big stage or make a big presentation.
- Whale watching.
- Water Ski / Wakeboarding.
- Shark cage diving.
- See a glacier.
- Visit Stone Henge.
- Cheese rolling at Cooper’s Hill.
- Visit Tibet.
- Take a cruise.
- Do the tango in Argentina.
- Watch the World cup in the host country.
- Take a trip across the Amazon.
- bathe in a hot spring.
- Float in the dead sea.
- See an active volcano.
- Sleep in a haunted house or a castle.
- Go to New Zealand and see where Lord Of The Rings was set.
- Hug a koala bear.
- Swim with dolphins.
- Ride a camel across a desert.
- See a tiger up close.
- Go to a drive in movie.
- Find your way through Longleat hedge maze.
- Party in New Orleans through Mardi Gras.
- Ride an ostrich in Asia.
- Ride a gondola in Venice.
- Go to the Galapagos Islands.
- Visit Saxon Switzerland national park.
- Go travelling for more than 3 weeks.
- See the Pyramid of Giza and the Sphinx.
- Spend all your money in Vegas.
- See the Taj Mahal.
- Eat at an undersea restaurant.
- Sing at a karaoke.
- Learn to bartend.
- Learn a form of martial arts.
- Spend Spring Break in Cancun.
- Swim a big distance.
- Do a big activity for charity.
- See the Colosseum.
- Visit O Cristo Redentor in Rio De Janerio.
- Go to Sydney opera house.
- Go to a full moon party in Thailand.
- Check out all the futuristic technology in Tokyo.
- Visit Easter Island.
- Learn to juggle.
- Fly a kite.
Post me your record so far at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will include your score below. I am only mid table so far, however hoping to catch up a bit over the next few months!
|Tom Bourlet (me)||44|
The number one spot is now held by John Ashfield, who also came out with extra recommendations:
“I got to 60 but there were a number of others that I’ve done but in different locations!
The Bonus 101-200 Bucket List
Well, I made the list a good 3.5 years ago and since then I have had a huge amount of people email me suggestions to include (probably around 1,000 emails) therefore I have decided to write an extended list. This is my ultimate 101-200 list of things you should also try to complete in your lifetime.
- Trek the Grand Canyon
- See the cherry blossoms in Japan
- Take photos at the Uyuni Salt Flats
- Get married
- go parasailing
- Dance away at a music festival
- camp in the great outdoors
- bungee jump off a bridge
- Explore Yellowstone National Park
- Visit the Louvre museum
- Win a medal (for anything)
- Run a marathon
- See the Sistine chapel
- Watch a movie at a drive-in cinema
- Celebrate St Patrick’s Day in Dublin
- Eat in a posh restaurant
- Visit Disneyland
- Fly business or first class
- Ride the London eye
- Write your own recipe book
- Learn to cook food from another country like a professional
- Get a tattoo
- Go rock climbing
- Stand on the equator
- Visit a theme park
- Ride in a limousine
- See a live musical at the theatre
- Write a book
- see the blue lagoon
- Be an extra on a TV show or in a movie
- Try snowboarding
- Paraglide over amazing scenery
- Start your own business
- Climb the base of mount Everest
- Write and send a message in a bottle
- Go fishing
- See a Shakespearean play at the Globe theatre
- Learn how to play chess
- Take a flight somewhere all by yourself
- Learn to skateboard
- Have a go at salsa
- Complete your own personal sexual ticklist of fantasies
- Learn to ride a bike
- Learn sign language
- Drink lots of wine at a vineyard
- Throw paint at Holi festival
- Have a go at the wife carrying championship
- attend the bath tub race
- Throw mud at the Boryeong mud festival
- Watch monkeys feast at the monkey buffet festival
- Go to Italy to party it up at the orange festival
- Laugh and cringe at Komaki in Japan
- Spot a sloth in the wild, sleeping
- Explore Pompeii
- Have a shot of absinthe
- See a gorilla in Rwanda
- Eat lots of chocolate in Belgium
- Have a night you can’t remember with people you’ll never forget
- Eat gelato in Italy
- Bubble football
- Play a game of golf
- Learn how to make cocktails
- Have a massage
- Try clay pigeon shooting
- Go to a pool party
- Run an assault course
- Ride a beer bike around a foreign city
- Ride a hovercraft
- Drive off-road
- go caving
- Go on a high ropes trip
- go to a water park
- Fire an arrow at an archery
- Attend a horse racing event
- abseil down a tall building or mountain
- Have a barbecue on the beach
- Bowl a strike
- Go to a nude life drawing class
- Go coasteering
- Play volleyball on a beach
- Do a treasure hunt
- Go on a brewery tour
- Escape from an escape room challenge
- Drink at an ice bar
- Eat steak in South America
- Eat tapas in Spain
- Have a professional photoshoot
- See Bagan in Myanmar
- Meteora in Greece
- Tianzi mountains in China
- Soak up the sun in Santorini
- Explore the ruins in Angkor Wat
- Walk through Hitachi seaside park
- See Pamukkale in Turkey
- Walk through the rice terrace fields in Mu Cang Chai
- Naice Mine
- See the waterfalls at Plitvice lakes in Croatia
- Take a swim at Navagio bay in Greece
- Marvel at Victoria Falls.
So, have I missed some more from the list? Do let me know, eventually I want to make this list 500 long!